Gain a comprehensive overview of human factors in aviation and the key reference
documents and methodologies.
ANS providers, Civil Aviation Authorities, Airline managers and operational staff, Airport
- Human Factors theory elements
- HF models: Human Error - James Reason
- ICAO - Threat and Error Management
- SHEL Model – Software
- HF in the aviation industry, the effect on safety and efficiency
- Threat and Error Management (TEM)
- The role of Safety Management Systems (SMS) - quality, safety, security and risk
- Human Factors measurement, analysis and improvement.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Understand the theory and history of Human Factors in Aviation and relate it to your job.
Manage the consequences and organizational impact of Human Factors for all aviation roles:
pilots, flight crews, air traffic controllers, CAA, airport and aircraft maintenance
To be discussed.